An administrator is also called a sysop. You can add requests to this page for things that can only be done by sysops.
If you want a page deleted, say so on the Wikipedia:Proposed deletions page.
Sysops are allowed to do some things that other users are not. This is for performance reasons (it would make the website too slow to let everyone do it). It is also for security reasons (because they are trusted). If you want to become one, please say so on this page.
Anyone who has been adding to this website for a while is allowed to be an administrator. Jimbo Wales, the founder of the Wikimedia Foundation, said "this should be no big deal".
Sysops do not have any special authority. They are equal to everybody else.
Things administrators can do:
- Delete pages - Wikipedia:Deletion policy, Wikipedia:Requests for deletion
- Protect and unprotect pages, and edit protected pages - Wikipedia:Protection policy
- Stop users who damage pages - Wikipedia:Bans and blocks, Wikipedia:Vandalism in progress
A bureaucrat is a slightly higher administrative level that can perform a few additional functions. Bureaucrats can give administrator or bureaucrat status to other users following a successful request on this page. Bureaucrats can also help users who want to change user names. They can also "flag" bots, which means to hide their contributions from the new changes and put them in the bot group. Requests for name changes should be made directly to the talk page of one of the listed bureaucrats.
Listaan na saray administrator dumaen
- Sakey ya automated ya listaan ya amin na account ya walay admin status so nanengneng ed saya Special:Listadmins.
Aga Actibo dumaen
Requests for bureaucratship dumaen
Since there are many articles here, I request this status.
Requests for adminship dumaen
I was the main contributor and test administrator of the Test-wp/pag. I want to translate the buttons into Pangasinan. How do I become an administrator? User:Arikasikis
- Support. I support Exec8's application because he is a Pangasinan, he is one of us and therefore understands the value of this language in Wikipedia. He has also initiated Edit-a-thons in Pangasinan as early as a decade ago and he still continues to support Pangasinan language projects in our community. JasDolt (talk) 01:54, 28 Marso 2023 (UTC)
- Support. I support Exec8's application due to the fact that he supported heavily the growth and expansion of the Pangasinan Wikipedia. He was the only Wikimedian who took time and effort to conduct projects in Pangasinan and edit-a-thons to build a Pangasinan community. Within him runs a Pangasinan bloodline, and he deeply understands the plight of the Pangasinan community and promotes and supports the Pangasinan Wikipedia. --Persev (talk) 15:39, 11 Abril 2023 (UTC)
- Support. Supporting Exec8's application. Known him since 2012 and it was him who startes to build the Pangasinan Wikimedian community. He introduced Wikipedia projects in Pangasinan language and until now continues to do so in his capacity. He is editing Pangasinan contents and he is from Pangasinan, too. We trust that under his adminship, the Pangasinan language as well as the community will grow and expand. User:Lady01v 15:51, 11 Abril 2023 (UTC)
Current issues and requests dumaen
Users can contact sysops on this page to ask them to protect pages. Requests for deletion should be made on Wikipedia:Requests for deletion and requests for blocking on Wikipedia:Vandalism in progress.
All sysops should watch this section for issues that sysops must be aware of, and for news about policy changes affecting sysops.